Get hooked on your next bareboat charter
Here on the Fraser Coast we don’t just have the perfect sailing spot, we’ve also got world class fishing conditions to get hooked on. And now you can join the two together with our Sail, Fish, Relax package.
Picture this: you wake up on your own private yacht, enjoy a coffee on the front deck at sunrise before saying hello Choz and his team from Hervey Bay Fly and Sportsfishing who are picking you up for a full day of fishing action. Sounds like a good time, right?
Read on below about why you should be jumping on board this epic experience pronto.
Why is the Fraser Coast a fishing mecca?
Thanks to an overlap of both southern and northern species, the Fraser Coast features one of the most diverse fisheries in Australia. The large land mass of K’gari (Fraser Island) isn’t just great for a bareboating adventure, it also allows for amazing pelagic fishing conditions.
If you're planning a bareboating and fishing holiday shortly, here's the species you can target and the best time of year to book:
- January - Mackerel, Trevally, Tuna, Black marlin.
- February - Tuna, Mackerel, Trevally, Queenfish.
- March to May - Tuna, Mackerel, Trevally, Queenfish, Cobia.
- May to August - Snapper, Reef Fish, Tuna, Trevally, Cobia, Spanish Mackerel, Flathead, Bream, Whiting.
- September - Mackerel, Cobia, Snapper, Reef Fish, Flathead, Bream, Whiting, Thread Fin Salmon
- October to December - Black Marlin, Mackerels, Trevally, Tuna, Reef Fish, Cobia, Flathead.
Take a sneak peek at the video below to see what you could be experiencing and get in touch with our team today!